Without this development, Creative Cauldron may not have a future in the Little City. Read our letter to the City, detailing why we, and our team of citizen supporters, support this project.
No matter what decision City Council makes about the Broad & Washington development, there will be people who are unhappy. Some people will NEVER support the project, no matter what accommodations are made. A “YES” decision on the Broad & Washington development WILL PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING to EVERYONE in Falls Church.
* The City will receive approximately $2 million in TAX REVENUES PER YEAR.
* The City will receive payment for the existing City parking lot AND AFTER CONSTRUCTION IS COMPLETE WILL STILL HAVE 64 FREE PUBLIC PARKING SPACES available in the center of the City.
* In addition to the 64 free public parking spaces, the center of the City will have an ADDITIONAL 76 public pay to park spaces. The Whole Foods grocery, Creative Cauldron, other commercial users, and residents will have their own parking in the garage.
* During construction, the developer is providing 65 off-site parking spaces that are 40’-120’ from the restaurants for their customers to use. The developer is also working on a plan to provide lunchtime parking spaces for the two restaurants during the 3 to 6-month period when there will be no on-site
* During construction, the developer is offering to compensate retailers to help offset their rent to minimize any additional impact of the project on their parking and business.
* The City will have approximately 13,820 square feet (10% of the site) of GREEN SPACE for PUBLIC USE, including a public plaza and a passive walking park area.
* The City will have 21 new AFFORDABLE HOUSING UNITS in perpetuity.
* Instead of building office space that will remain empty due to the changing business models that have become the norm since Covid-19, the developer is providing 9 LIVE/WORK UNITS, with the option to add 18 more, that will address the new work from home model.
* The residential units will provide the density needed to nourish our small businesses and restaurants
and bring vitality to the center of the City.
* THERE WILL FINALLY BE A ‘THERE THERE’, a lively diverse live-work-play area in downtown Falls Church.
WE SUPPORT MOVING FORWARD WITH THE BROAD & WASHINGTON PROJECT AND ALL THE BENEFITS IT WILL PROVIDE THE CITY, ITS RESIDENTS AND THE SURROUNDING COMMUNITIES THAT VISIT, WORK IN, AND REGULARLY PATRONIZE BUSINESSES IN FALLS CHURCH CITY.